Bachelor of Science in Information Technology will equip you with the necessary skills and understanding to develop your career in the wider area of IT project development where practical web, database and multimedia skills are required. This programme will give the student the ability to critically evaluate, design, meet specifications, ascertain requirements, create solutions and communicate your ideas to other computing professionals/end users in the IT industry. The degree will nurture your development not just as an IT expert, but also as a creative thinker, allowing you to learn and explore through a combination of technology and imagination. This is a University Grants Commission approved study programme, conducted by SLIIT Computing, in association with SLIIT.
For those who aspire to be:
- Software Designers
- Software Developers
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Systems Analysts
- Business Analysts and Systems Administrators
- Media Directors
- Video And/or Audio Engineers
- Graphic Layout Designers
- Interactive Designers
- Interface Architects
- 3D Web Programmers
- Multimedia Developers
- Multimedia Editors
- Multimedia Systems Analysts
- Web Designers
- Multimedia Specialist
In additional to your formal studies, we offer a number of optional activities, currently including participation in national competitions such as:
- National Best Quality Software Awards (NBQSA)
- Motorola Solution – SLASSCOM university competition.
Moreover, the students are given the opportunity to take part in conferences and publish in research journals such as IEEE Research Publication.
- This degree programme is designed in such a manner that a candidate has several exit options such as National Diploma in IT and BSc in Interactive Multimedia Technology in 2nd year and 3rd year respectively.
- Throughout the course, but especially in final year, you have the freedom to construct your own programme from a wide range of modules and graduate in BSc in IT with specialization in Interactive Multimedia Technology or follow a foreign degree programme with a partner university. This keeps your career options flexible, providing the broad base that most employers are looking for.
- Prepare yourself for a career in the IT industry through a mix of academic, professional and practical work, with opportunities such as industry collaborated professional mentoring support and internships.
- Minimum of three Simple passes for G.C.E Advance Level pass in any discipline (Local/London)
- A pass in the Aptitude Test conducted by SLIIT Computing.
Note: Students awaiting results of the G.C.E Advanced Level exam 2017 are also eligible to apply
Applications are invited for the Aptitude Test from candidates who possess at least the minimum requirements for admission to BSc in Information Technology programme. This test consists of analytical, logical and mathematical aptitude. Date and the venue of the Aptitude Test will be announced through the national newspapers. Aptitude Test will be held in Sinhala, English & Tamil Language.
- Download Aptitude application from here. Interested candidates should send in the application form for B.Sc. in Interactive Multimedia Technology directly to SLIIT Computing.
- Applicants are required to pay a fee of Rs. 1000/- for the Aptitude Test and for processing.
- This fee should be paid in favour of “SLIIT Computing (Pvt) Ltd” current account no: 1630619 at Bank of Ceylon Kollupitiya branch OR account no: 013410001688 at Sampath Bank in Kollupitiya Branch.
- The duly filled application and the bank paying-in-slip for SLIIT Computing should be sent to:
Student Affairs and Enrolment Division
SLIIT Computing (Pvt) Ltd,
Level 13, BOC Merchant Tower,
No.28, St. Michael’s Road,
Hotline: 0772 66 55 55
Tel: 0117 54 3600
Diploma in Information Technology
Year 1 Semester 1
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Computer Programming Techniques and Practices
- Introduction to Programming (C / C++)
- Business English & Communication Skills
- Mathematics for Information Technology
Year 1 Semester 2
- Data Communications & Computer Networks
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Object Oriented Programming (JAVA)
- Database Management Systems
- Technical Communication
Year 2 Semester 1
- Web Development
- Computer Graphics & Multimedia
- Computer Hardware & Operating Systems
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Economics & Management
Year 2 Semester 2
- TCP / IP Networking Concepts
- Object Relational Database Management Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- Information Technology Project
Specialization in Interactive Multimedia Technology
Year 3 Semester 1
- Software Engineering Tools & Metrics
- Computer Network Designing & Implementation
- IT Project Design & Management
- Comprehensive Design / Analysis Project I
- Modern Topics in IT
Year 3 Semester 2
- Distributed Component based Software Development
- Marketing & Business Law
- Software Quality Assurance
- Comprehensive Design / Analysis Project II
Apply now and reserve your seat. Limited seats are available for this program.APPLY NOW